Belmont Lower Hutt
- Now is a great time to try Aikido. First 2 classes free. Improve your well-being through Aikido.
- Our community based dojo provides a supportive and fun environment with quality instruction.
- Following lockdown classes will recommence on Tuesday 14 September 2021.
- New members are most welcome. A Beginners Course is available at the Belmont Memorial Hall. Only $100 for approximately 30 classes.
- Belmont Memorial Hall is used for Tuesday classes (6.30pm) and Saturday classes (10am).
- Occasional Friday classes (6.30 -7.45pm) are operating at Belmont Memorial Hall.
- Our Thursday classes at Hardwick-Smith Lounge, located next to the Scout Hall in the Belmont Domain. Access via SH2 and Owen St or via a path from the Belmont Memorial Hall carpark, are suspended due to maintenance.
- Classes will operate for members at COVID-19 Alert Level 1 and 2.
- A Council approved Safety Plan operates at Delta Alert Level 2.
- Upcoming events: TBC.
Belmont Dojo, established on 4 February 2014, is one of the two dojos or training locations in the Wellington region. We maintain ties with our “sister” Wellington City dojo. If you are a member of either dojo you can train twice a month for free at the other dojo (casual rates apply if you train more). The Belmont Dojo is a not for profit organisation and instructors give their time freely.
The Belmont Dojo is located at Belmont Memorial Hall (next to Belmont School). On Thursdays we also use the nearby Hardwick Smith Lounge (Belmont Domain). We offer dedicated adult beginner classes and general classes for more advanced students
The Dojo provides a safe, fun and friendly environment for students to learn Aikido. Our focus is on cooperative training in a non-competitive and supportive environment. The Belmont Dojo follows normal Dojo Etiquette which will be explained to you on arrival.
Aikido is more than just a self-defence system. Training in Aikido improves coordination, balance and posture; stimulates the mind; builds self-confidence; improves flexibility; builds “core” strength, and lots more. Robert Nadeau Shihan describes Aikido as an “inner developmental art”. If you want to improve your wellness and build resilience -explore Aikido.
Anyone wishing to try Aikido is most welcome to come along to their first two classes for free. Visiting Aikidoka are welcome.
Grading fees, training, discounted social events and attendance at Belmont local seminars is included as part of your Dojo membership. Annual Dojo membership is discounted at $450 or can be paid by monthly automatic payments of $40/month to the Club’s bank account. There is a 10% discount for members from the same immediate family. Beginners package is $100 for 3 months training.
The Dojo endorses the Aikikai Foundation Code of Conduct.
Follow us on our joint Facebook site.
The contact form below is not functioning – please email or txt for information.